So Halloween is coming next week. That’s great. To celebrate the spooky holiday, as well as the release of Sony Ericsson W595, 3 UK and the Swedish-Japanese handset manufacturer have come up with a viral advertising campaign that wants to take you and your friends to the dark side.
You are invited to create a video with yourself, but not create it as in film it. You just fill in your details on the W595 The DarkSide website and leave the rest to the campaign’s initiators.
The video featuring you and some “bizarre happenings” will be automatically uploaded to YouTube. You can then send links with it to your friends, to scare the s**t out of them.
There are two playing modes: by email or via Facebook, whichever suits you best.
So what’s the role of W595 here? A vague one, but Sony Ericsson doesn’t omit to mention that the new slider phone has easy access to YouTube. So you can show one of those bizarre videos to anyone if you have the handset with you.
There’s also a prize at the end of The DarkSide viral campaign. The most viewed video (until Halloween ends) wins a brand new Sony Ericsson W595. Not at all a scary thought, right?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson will spend £4 million for promoting its new Xperia Android phones in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Walkman W902, W595 and W302 video preview and live pictures
- Sony (not Sony Ericsson) launching a PSP phone this year to rival Apple?
- Sony Ericsson launches 2010 FIFA World Cup Extra Man campaign
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray coming soon to Three UK