Through an article published today on iPhoneWorld Canada, we discovered Google has now officially released a Google Earth application for the iPhone! It must be completely brand new, since there are still no official reviews posted for it in the App Store.
We just downloaded it here and look forward to testing it out. Should have a review posted on Unwired View within the next day or two.
At first look, we can tell it has the same basic capabilities as the Google Maps app that comes default on the iPhone, but does come included with the tilt function so popular in the desktop Earth app. It allows for easy rotating, panning, and tilting with some simple finger gestures.
We also found that it has the same ability to triangulate your position via GPS and WiFi as the normal maps application does.
Google Earth can be downloaded here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone App Review of Google Earth
- Google Earth for iPhone updated to version 2.0
- Google Maps 5.0 for Android launched, brings 3D maps, offline reliability
- Google Buzz for mobile announced, integrates with Gmail, Google Maps
- Earthscape Mobile, just like Google Earth, but for iPhone