Local Russian home appliances and electronics retailer Eldorado will start offering the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic for sale to hungry fanboys starting December 5th. With it, of course, comes Nokia’s S60 5th Edition OS, and it is identified as Nokia’s first mass market touchscreen handset.
Eldorado’s head of mobile phones, Maxim Pavlov, says his company is happy to offer the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. They’re so happy, in fact, that they project selling twice as many 5800 XpressMusic units than they did with the iPhone. They say the plan is to sell more than 10,000 of the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, which is twice as many as the 5,000 iPhones that they’re currently selling per month.
We will be happy to offer our customers this innovative product, as the Nokia 5800 XpessMusic. During the month, we plan to sell more than 10 thousand Communicators Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. This figure is 2 times higher than that of the iPhone, which is sold at 5 thousand per month.
Well, Eldorado can plan all they want, but that doesn’t make the 15,000 ruble (about $550 USD) price any less expensive. That’s going to be a factor, yes it is.
Via Mobile Review
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Comes With Music from T-Mobile UK too
- 1 million Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phones shipped; sales in the UK debuted today
- Official iPhone 4 prices for T-Mobile UK unveiled
- Tomorrow’s Nokia Launch Today: New XpressMusic collection – Nokia 5310, Nokia 5610 and new Nokia 5700
- Sprint may offer the iPhone 5 with unlimited data plans, unlike Verizon and AT&T