Asustek Computer Inc., maker of motherboards, notebooks, smartphones, PDAs and other electronic products, will apparently release an Android-powered mobile device in the first half of 2009.
Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on what the Asus Android handset will bring in terms of features. Also, there are no details on what the device will look like.
However, if we take into consideration some of Asus’ latest handsets, like P552w or P320, I guess we should expect the Android Asus to look good. Hopefully, better than T-Mobile G1, which has a controversial design.
(this above is not the Android Asus, it’s just the P320 Windows Mobile smartphone)
The first Asus handset to run on Google’s Android platform might be initially launched only in Asus’ home country, Taiwan. After that, customized models of it will reach other countries too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus to go toe to toe with HTC in 2009 Android smartphone race
- Garmin-Asus Nuvifone M10 gets official, Windows Mobile 6.5.3 confirmed
- Asus P320 Galaxi Mini GPS PDA phone launched
- Garmin-Asus to launch Android phone, M10 WM phone at MWC
- #MWC10 Garmin Asus nuvifones. M10 – Windows Mobile 6.5.3 in action and some A50 custom Android goodness. Hands-on videos