One of the main conditions for Verizon to complete the Alltel acquisition is, obviously, the approval of the Federal Communications Commission.
Or, better say, this was a condition, because today the FCC said “yes” to Alltel’s buyout by North America’s second largest mobile carrier.
The FCC has imposed some conditions to Verizon though. For example, the big V must honor all of Alltel’s existing roaming agreements for the next four years.
Verizon has to pay a total of $28.1 billion for Alltel – $5.9 billion in cash and $22.2 billion in assuming debt.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Touch Pro outed by Alltel too
- Verizon Wireless to acquire Alltel for $28.1 billion
- Verizon and Alltel, Together Forever January 9
- AT&T buys Alltel for $780 million
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 announced by Alltel; Verizon still waiting