Ericsson AB, the European half of the Sony Ericsson joint-venture, has big plans for the phones that will come out in the next few years.
How would you like a handset that features the following: a XGA (1024 x 768 pixels) display, a 12 to 20 MP camera, full HD video recording, LTE connectivity for up to 100Mbps, and a 1GHz processor? I know I’d want one!
The Swedish company (Ericsson) said that all these features will be brought to mobile phones by 2012. Sony Ericsson phones, more exactly, because it’s hard to believe Ericsson will want other brands to take advantage of its technologies.
But aren’t these plans impossible? Not really. Think about the XGA Aquos Fulltouch 931SH that should go on sale in Japan by the end of 2008. Or about Samsung’s declaration regarding its 12MP camera modules. Or about all those LTE-related news that came out lately.
In conclusion, it’s very likely that 2012 will bring phones with the features mentioned above. I can’t help thinking, though: do we really need 20MP into a camera phone?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Japanese customers seem to really want the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
- Sony Ericsson S001 for Japan is everything you’d want from a Cyber-shot phone
- AM Radio-equipped Sony Ericsson R300 approved by FCC
- Ericsson to provide HSPA/GPS modules for Dell laptops
- Sony Ericsson Susan and Sunny to be rugged, waterproof phones