If you’re in the US, wondering just how much longer it will take for Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 to reach North American shores, wonder no more: the Xperia X1a is said to be on sale via Best Buy starting December 7.
Don’t get too excited, though, as the retail price of X1a will apparently be of $799.99. And while this is not as expensive as the Nokia N96, which is already offered by Best Buy, it’s still a quite hefty price that won’t please too many customers.
Anyway, the X1a might be worth the bucks for mobile users in the US, especially since they don’t have more choices when it comes to handsets with screens that sport a 800 x 480 pixel resolution.
Of course, you can also wait until a US carrier starts offering the X1 with a contract agreement (and a cheaper price), although this might never happen. Or, if it will, it can only be AT&T or T-Mobile, since they’re the only major carriers to have GSM and HSDPA networks and Sony Ericsson has not made a CDMA version of Xperia X1.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray now available in India for Rs. 18,995
- Sony Ericsson MT11i is yet another upcoming Android smartphone
- #MWC11: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo hands-on video
- Sony Ericsson will spend £4 million for promoting its new Xperia Android phones in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro hits the FCC