Guys, listen up. If you were looking for a new messaging phone but were instantly put off by the disgustingly pink flavor of the Samsung Cleo we showed you a few days back, don’t worry. That particular model is apparently only for sale in Canada at the moment, but a more manly, red colored version should be coming to America soon.
Spotted in recently published documents from the FCC is a so-called Samsung U440, which looks very much like the Samsung Cleo because, well, it is. It’s got the clamshell form factor, square display, and full QWERTY keypad going on, so there’s no mistaking it.
Sifting further through the FCC docs reveal that it could be released under Verizon Wireless some time soon. Though how soon or for how much, we still don’t know, but it’s definitely coming. We’re just not as excited as some of you may be for this handset only features the basics: 1.3 megapixel camera, Bluetooth with A2DP, threaded SMS and up to 8GB storage. It shouldn’t hurt anyone’s wallet when it comes out, though.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Girly Samsung CLEO goes on sale in Canada, $49.95 with a 3-yr contract
- Verizon’s ZTE F350 hits the FCC
- Verizon not backing out of $28.1 billion Alltel buyout
- Verizon to launch Nokia Twist 7705, LG Chocolate Touch VX8575 and more
- Verizon’s new Samsung Jasper SCH-i200 pictured: Android ICS, LTE, Snapdragon S4 processor