A good 5 months after they were both first announced, the Nokia E66 and Nokia E71 are finally going to receive their respective software updates. For the E66, the update is for version 110.07.126, while the E71 will be getting its software version 110.07.127.
Both phones apparently get the same things from their software updates, though it’s not explained why there’s a teeny difference between their software update version numbers (110.07.126 for the E66 and 110.07.12 for the E71.
According to Nokia:
This software release includes a new versions of Mail For Exchange and Nokia Maps. The release also includes a number of performance improvements including camera viewfinder orientation, Mail for Exchange synchronisation and browsing. Please note that if you have encrypted your device or memory card, decrypt it before the software update to avoid possible data loss.
Well, you heard The Man. If you think you need the changes outlined above, then you may proceed with the software update using your regular methods.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia E7 gets a minor software update
- Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620 all get software updates
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic – new software update available, bringing many improvements
- Nokia N9 gets a pretty big software update, X6 not forgotten either
- Nokia issues another OTA firmware update for Nokia N78, v12.046