True Move, the third largest mobile phone firm in Thailand, has managed to ink a deal with Apple to market the iPhone 3G by next year, if not the holidays. Apple touchscreen handset has already been available in other Asian countries for several months, but Thailand is just in time to get in on the action, especially with the iPhone 2.2 software release well on its way.
Overall, the Apple-True Move deal remains rather vague. No details are provided as to where exactly, when exactly and for how much the iPhone 3G will be sold in Thailand following this agreement.
All that’s clear is that True Move will be bring the iPhone 3G to the Thailand market “in the coming months.” After that, we’re all on our own.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Italy’s 3 to Apple: “We’re ready when you are”
- Apple to come with an iPhone 3G S 8GB?
- China Mobile in final stages of talks with Apple to bring iPhone to China
- Rumor: Apple places orders for 10 million CDMA iPhones. Verizon impatiently waiting
- Walmart to sell iPhone on December 28th, with a 2-year AT&T contract and not for $99