For those looking forward to the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic’s release date (which is supposed to be “some time in Q4 2008″) I have both good news and bad news.
The good news: the 5800 XpressMusic is now available for pre-order, at least in Spain. Russia is supposed to get the said touchscreen phone on December 5th, but there hasn’t been any updates on that front so far.
And while the fact that it’s already up for pre-order in Spain might excite some forward-looking folks, there’s a chance that all those hearts might get broken too, as I write the next few words to spill out the bad news.
Instead of the originally announced 279 EUR price, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic goes for 429 EUR in Nokia.es. Granted, the 279 EUR price is supposed to be before taxes and subsidies, but it’s quite hard to believe that “taxes and subsidies” alone would be able to jack up the price to 150 EUR more.
For that price, though, you can rest assured you’ll get an unlocked phone that’s available in all colors: red, blue, or black. Early adopters are out of the question, but in my opinion this is hardly a good strategy to “touchscreenize” the mass market.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic EUR429/279 price mystery resolved
- Nokia 5730, 5330 and 5030 XpressMusic/ Radio to be announced today at Nokia Music event
- No Nokia 5800 this Christmas for most of the mature markets
- Nokia 5630 XpressMusic announced: an S60 music-centric candybar
- Nokia 5310 XpressMusic phone