Samsung Gravity officially announced
These days, you just can’t go very far without seeing someone with a messaging phone. Mobile phone makers have even partnered with operators to churn out their own version of a messaging handset. And that’s exactly what Samsung has done with the Samsung Gravity.
To be released as an exclusive under T-Mobile, the Samsung Gravity is a phone that features a full slide-out QWERTY-keyboard aside from its 12-key alphanumeric keypad. It may only have a small screen, 1.3 megapixel camera and 60MB of internal memory, but that’s not where it shines. Instead, it’s supposed to be great in accessing multiple IM clients including AOL, ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN.
Of course, the Samsung Gravity also has a few other features, including the following:
– Dimensions: 4.53” x 2.07” x 0.70”; 4.3 ounces
– Easy access to popular POP3 email such as Gmail
– Bluetooth wireless technology
– Support for up to 4GB microSD cards
– Advanced speech recognition
– Up to 6 hours talk time, 300 hours on standby
– Personal organizer (calendar, calculator, currency converter, notepad, to-do list)
– Music player and video player
Those who’ve been tempted by the Samsung Gravity must be prepared to shell out $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate. And note that to be eligible for the mail-rebate, one must sign-up for a 2-year contract, as well as get a $14.98 or above data plan to come with it.