BlackBerry Curve 8900, the latest smartphone introduced by Research In Motion, will apparently hit the UK next month, hence in December, being exclusively offered by Carphone Warehouse.
The giant mobile phone retailer’s website already features the new BlackBerry on its Coming Soon section, with the estimated release date mentioned above: December 2008.
For the moment, there is no word on the price of the Curve 8900 for the UK. Also, it’s not clear yet if the new handset will be offered with a contract agreement from T-Mobile (like in Germany) or only free of contract.
Previously known as BlackBerry Javelin, the Curve 8900 is a 3G-less smartphone that comes as a worthy successor of all the other devices from the Curve series. Its main attractions, apart from the QWERTY keyboard, include a 480 x 360 pixels display, Wi-Fi, GPS and a 3.2MP autofocus camera.
Hopefully for UK mobile users who are into BlackBerries, the Curve 8900 will hit Carphone Warehouse’s stores before Christmas, at an attractive price.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Curve 9380 launched by O2 UK
- T-Mobile USA’s BlackBerry Curve 8900 already in stores, available starting February 11
- Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry Curve 8320 debuts on AT&T
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 and Pearl 3G 9100 officially announced by AT&T
- BlackBerry Curve 8910 shows up in leaked photo