Indian mobile users in search of a new handset from HTC will soon be able to buy an HTC Touch Pro, as well as an HTC Touch Viva, as both devices were just officially announced in India.
A bit surprising is the fact that the Touch Pro and the Touch Viva will not be sold, for the moment at least, via any of the three major Indian mobile operators: Airtel, Reliance and Vodafone.
In return, HTC has partnered with Idea Cellular for the release of the new handsets.
Coming as one of the most advanced Windows Mobile 6.1 devices on the market, the QWERTY-equipped HTC Touch Pro will be sold by Idea Cellular and HTC for the retail price of Rs. 34,900 ($708). The handset will be marketed as HTC Touch Pro T7276.
Offering fewer features than the Touch Pro, HTC Touch Viva (model name T2223) will be available for Rs. 16,490 ($335).
HTC did not say exactly when the two devices will be on sale in India, but customers will probably be able to find both of them in stores in the next few weeks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Touch Viva, the real name of Touch Opal
- HTC Touch Viva launched in the Middle East, priced at $354
- HTC Touch Diamond2 announced for India
- HTC Touch Pro 2 and Samsung C6625v coming to Vodafone UK
- HTC Desire HD to hit India within a week, Desire Z coming sometime later