IBM Lotus Notes, the email client-sever said to have around 140 million licensed users from all over the world, will soon be supported on a large number of Nokia’s S60 smartphones, including all the S60 3rd Edition ones (yes, the N96 Bruce Lee special edition too).
This means that more than 80 million users – the estimated number of Nokia S60 3rd Edition handset owners – will be able to access corporate email accounts through Lotus Notes Traveler.
Nokia says that the support for IBM Lotus email on the S60 platform will be effective starting December 2008, so for the moment you still can’t have real-time access to email, calendar and address books via the Lotus Domino Server.
(pictured here is the brand new Nokia E63 with the IBM Lotus Notes logo)
The collaboration between IBM and the Finnish handset manufacturer will allow Nokia to offer devices capable of mobilizing almost 90% of the business email clients and applications, without requiring extra licenses.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Email friendly Nokia E75 starts shipping
- 1 million Nokia Ovi Mail accounts created
- Nokia N96 Comes With Music Edition is now official
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync now available on all Nokia S60 3rd Edition devices
- Nokia 5330 Mobile TV Edition features DVB-H, costs €155