Sonim XP3, the successor of XP1, presented as one of the toughest GSM phones in the world, is now available for purchase in the UK.
The handset is being sold unlocked, for £209 (+ VAT). You can find it here, in three color versions: black, grey and yellow.
It’s said that, just before Christmas, Vodafone UK will include the new Sonim XP3 in its line-up, offering it for free to those who get it together with a contract agreement.
So what’s this Sonim XP3 all about? Well, the device comes to redefine the term “rugged phone” and it’s built to endure anything, on any weather. It is MIL-910F certified, waterproof (IP-57 certification), it has durable mechanics and a shock resistant screen. No wonder it’s being sold with an unconditional 3-year guarantee.
The features of Sonim XP3 are modest when compared to the ones of a regular phone, but pretty good for a rugged handset:
Tri band GSM/GPRS connectivity, 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
128 x 160 pixels display with 65K colors
Talk time: 5.5 hours
Stand by time: 220 hours
118.8 x 56.3 x 24.6 mm
It may not be slim or beautiful (although it does look kind of cool), but if you want a worry-free phone, Sonim XP3 might be a good choice.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sonim XP1300 Core rugged phone (IP68 certified) to be announced next month
- #CES 2010: Sonim XP3.2 Quest Pro announced for the US (AT&T, T-Mobile compatible)
- Rugged, IP-68 rated Sonim XP1300 Core officially announced, costs $399
- Sprint launches ‘ultra-rugged’ Sonim XP Strike, yours for $129.99
- Land Rover S1 and Land Rover S2 G4 rugged phones announced by Sonim