TiVo has been on a deal-cutting and service-launching spree lately. Their latest move? Launching a new mobile web site in beta that lets subscribers search for and record TV shows using only their cellphones. The new mobile phone-optimized web site is called TiVo Mobile, and anyone with an Internet-enabled phone will be able to access it.
Scheduling can be availed of those who already have TiVo and a Series2 or Series3 set-top box, while the entire site will be free for any visitor to use in searching for shows by actor or director names, titles or keywords. The best part is, the service is provided for free.
Daily Recommendations and Most Popular sections are also open to all subscribers and non-subscribers alike. Plus, TiVo’s popular “If you like this…” tool will be present to offer users a new way to discover shows that match their tastes.
If you can’t wait to try out TiVo Mobile on your handheld, do it now by going to m.tivo.com on your mobile phone’s web browser.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- TiVo and RIM team up for BlackBerry mobile entertainment services
- China has more than 1 billion mobile phone users
- Nokia scores mobile search deal with Baidu in China
- European 3G subscriber count reaches 100 million
- KongZhong Opera 3.0 – the new mobile browser for Chinese users