LG is far from being an unknown brand, yet the South Korean company wants to make even more people aware of its existence and its products. Thus, the company has just become a Global Partner of Formula 1, as well as a Technology Partner of Formula 1.
Starting 2009, the collaboration between LG and Formula 1 grants the South Korean manufacturer “exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official Consumer Electronics, Mobile Phone and Data Processor of Formula 1.”
So we might see, sometime in the future, one or more LG mobile phones to have the F1 brand on them. Let’s hope they will not be just reiterations of old models (like the Hugo Boss F480 from Samsung, which is basically an old F480 with the HB logo and some Hugo Boss content).
Needless to say, the Formula 1 Grand Prix races will gather the attention of millions of fans – and now some of their attention will be transferred to LG. Will this help the company to sell more phones? I guess we have to wait for 2009 and see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace gets a Hugo Boss edition, at least in France
- Hugo Boss Samsung F480 phone is coming for Christmas
- ModeLabs to launch Lacoste phones in 2010
- Nokia sees poor handset sales in Korea
- South Korea scraps WIPI, opens the mobile market to foreign competition