Nokia 5800 XpressMusic now shipping
Do you hear that? No? No, those aren’t the “winds of change.” Instead, those are Nokia 5800 XpressMusic units, coming your way soon, because Nokia has finally started shipping those highly anticipated and much-awaited things.
As earlier reported, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic will be available in markets such as Russia, Spain, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Finland, among others, at slightly different price points depending on how much local resellers plan to offer it.
Quick refresher — the 5800 XpressMusic will be Nokia’s first touchscreen device for the mainstream market, and will offer the following key features:
– 3.2″ widescreen display with capacitive touchscreen (16:9 aspect ratio, 30FPS video record/playback)
– 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens and dual-LED flash
– built-in accelerometer, GPS, and Wi-Fi
– 3.5mm headphone jack and 8GB memory in-box
– Series 60 5th Edition OS with Share on Ovi, Flickr, or Facebook
Of course, there’s a lot more in store for future Nokia 5800 XpressMusic owners, but the best way to find out about these is to just see for yourself personally. Since it’s already shipping now, that won’t be much of a problem.
The problem, then, would be its unforgiving and controversial retail price. Here’s hoping things go back to normal–as in Nokia normal–and pricing drops to 279 EUR flat, if not lower.