Amazon.com, one of the world’s largest online retailers, has just launched a free application for Apple’s iPhone and iPod touch.
The Amazon app is, of course, a mobile shopping application that comes just in time for the holiday season.
By using your existing Amazon account, you can easily browse through the huge catalogue of Amazon products, including merchandise offered by retailers like Macy’s and Target. Features like Customer Reviews, 1-Click Shopping and Amazon Prime are also included.
But the coolest thing about the new app seems to be the Amazon Remembers experimental feature that lets you remember products (that you see in real life) for a later purchase. Here’s how it works:
Customers simply snap photos with their iPhone, the photos are automatically uploaded to Amazon.com, which then tries to find products similar to the ones in the photos. As soon as the customer receives the results, they can then purchase the item immediately or “remember it” for later in their Amazon account.
The Amazon app for iPhone and iPod touch can be downloaded for free via the Apple App Store.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Kindle for iPhone and iPod touch outed by Amazon
- iTunes 7.7 pre-release version Read Me hints at iPhone/ iPod Touch remote app
- iPhone 2.0 software coming free to iPhone in July, $9.95 for iPod Touch
- Truphone turns your iPod touch into a cell phone
- eReader for iPhone and iPod Touch in the works