Sonim Technologies announced that it has partnered with Land Rover, the British manufacturer of all-terrain vehicles, in order to bring us new rugged mobile phones.
The first two devices, called Land Rover S1 by Sonim and Land Rover S2 G4 by Sonim, will be available sometime in mid-2009, for prices that have not yet been announced.
The phones will be marketed by Sonim and Land Rover to mobile carriers and retailers from 40 countries around the world.
Only one of the handsets is pictured for the moment, namely the Land Rover S1:
I must say that it looks pretty similar to the Sonim XP3 that we recently told you about.
Both Land Rover S1 and Land Rover S2 G4 will come in a protective case made from XENOY, which is “a revolutionary post-consumer plastic derived mostly from used plastic bottles and film.”
The phones will feature Bluetooth, being water resistant and certified to withstand thermal shock, humidity and 1.6-meter drops to concrete.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sonim XP1300 Core rugged phone (IP68 certified) to be announced next month
- Nokia N900 Rover in live pics, coming soon to T-Mobile USA?
- Sprint launches ‘ultra-rugged’ Sonim XP Strike, yours for $129.99
- #CES 2010: Sonim XP3.2 Quest Pro announced for the US (AT&T, T-Mobile compatible)
- Sony Ericsson’s GreenHeart concept phone in the wild