Samsung’s earlier forays into a luxury cellphone market in partnership with Bang & Olufsen weren’t too successful.
It’s unusual design did not help Samsung B&O Serena find many willing customers, and earlier this year B&O announced that it is leaving the handset business altogether.
So for the next try on luxury market Samsung has decided to go it alone with Samsung Ego S9402 phone we told you about few weeks ago.
Today Samsung Ego GT-S9402 has been launched officially.
As you can see, this time Samsung has decided to forgo a fancy design with it’s Ego phone and opted for a classical candybar form factor. And for some “luxury” advanced materials.
According to the official PR the body of S9402 Samsung Ego phone is made of “liquidmetal” composite alloy developed by Caltech, which is “3 times stronger, can withstand 1.8 times the pressure, is 1.6 time more flexible, has 3 times better vibration absorbption and 100% lower termal conductivity then titanium“.
Samsung Ego is also a DuoS phone that works with 2 SIM cards.
Other Samsung Ego S9402 specs include:
- Triband GSM (900/1800/1900 Mhz), GPRS/EDGE connectivity on 1st SIM card
- Dual band (900/1800 Mhz), GPRS/EDGE connectivity on 2nd SIM card
- 2? 262K color QVGA AMOLED display
- 5 mpx camera with autofocus, image stabilization, smile detection, WDR and LED flash
- FM Radio with RDS
- 1 GB of built-in memory
- microSDHC memory card slot (up to 8 GB)
- Bluetooth 2.0 and USB
- 960 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 115 x 48 x 16 mm
- Weight: 140 g
The retail Samsung Ego price is expected to be somewhere around 1200 EUR.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung S9402 DuoS- a luxury dual SIM card phone
- Samsung S5600 and S5230 affordable touchscreen handsets announced
- Samsung E1110 and Samsung E2510: new basic South Korean phones
- Hummer HT1 Car Fashion Phone
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included