Sony Ericsson Kate is a Cyber-shot phone that we first heard about two months ago. But it seems that what we’ve presented as Kate is, in fact, another handset.
According to the SEMC Blog, the real Sony Ericsson Kate will not have a 5MP camera, as previously reported, but only a 3.2MP one. Still, the cam will feature autofocus, smile shutter, face detection, Xenon flash and active lens cover, all of which should make up for a decent mid-end Cyber-shot handset.
The C510 should hit the market in about two months, hence in early 2009. Its price is not known yet, but it will almost surely not be on the hefty side.
Here is what Sony Ericsson C510 Kate looks like:
As for the handset we first thought is Sony Ericsson Kate, that’s probably Sony Ericsson Filippa.
But I guess we’ll see which is which when the Swedish-Japanese manufacturer gets official with its next batch of Cyber-shot phones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson 2009 line-up: Yue, Frances, Athena and Filippa included
- Silver Sony Ericsson C510 Kate shows a bit of its UI
- Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot Android phone coming soon?
- Sony Ericsson C903 Frances unveiled – MWC 2009 should make it official
- Sony Ericsson K550/K550im – slim and affordable Cyber-Shot Camera Phone