The hotly anticipated BlackBerry Storm seems to have been rolled out for sale on the streets half-baked and still needing a little work on it. Good thing RIM and Verizon are still working out the kinks, as a new firmware update has been officially released.
The latest firmware update for the BlackBerry Storm is available for download in three different ways. The first two methods require a PC, and the use of either the Desktop Software Manager or the Web-based software to update the Storm’s firmware.
The third and easiest way to update the BlackBerry Storm’s firmware is by doing it on the device itself, with the entire firmware update pushed over-the-air.
Notable changes in the BlackBerry Storm after firmware update are said to be improvements in the use of the built-in accelerometer, keyboard, web browser and camera.
Instructions for each update method are available via Verizon’s support web site, so sift through them as necessary.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Storm 9570 may have been cancelled
- Nokia N82 v30 firmware update now available
- BlackBerry 9570 Storm 3 confirmed by Best Buy, still no word on its launch date
- Blackberry Storm OS 5.0 Firmware Coming Sunday
- New BlackBerry Storm 9570 with OS 6 shows up in photos?