Our previous report about the North American Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a said that the handset should reach the US this month. On December 7, more exactly.
Well, it’s now December 8 and the X1a is still not available for the US customers. Also, Best Buy doesn’t accept pre-orders for the handset anymore, while Sony’s US official online shop lists it as coming on January 12, 2009.
So it looks like there won’t be any Xperia X1a smartphones this Christmas for its fans over in the US.
As for the customers who managed to pre-order the handset from Best Buy (for $799.99), it’s said that they’re receiving emails informing them about stock delays.
We don’t know if all this is Sony Ericsson’s fault or not, but we do hope the X1a will reach North American shores as soon as possible.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a to hit Best Buy in December
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo revisits the FCC, this time with AT&T 3G
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a now available in some stores across the US
- Rumor: Sony Odin to be sold as the Xperia X, the international version of the Xperia Z (Yuga)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play headed to Rogers in Canada?