Virgin Mobile, the largest MVNO in the UK, announced that it now offers Windows Live Messenger for free on select handsets.
The free-of-charge offering is available for both of Virgin’s new and existing customers, but only for the first six months of service use. After this period, you’ll have to pay a monthly fee – Virgin said it will be a competitive one.
For the moment, only four of Virgin Mobile UK’s phones are sold with Windows Live Messenger pre-installed: Sony Ericsson W910i, Samsung U600, Samsung G600 and Nokia 6300.
Starting 2009, other Virgin handsets will come with the Live Messenger out of the box, but there’s no word yet on which these are. In any case, the free use of Microsoft’s IM client is surely good news for UK users who rely on their phones to chat with friends or family.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft, SFR launch the Messenger Edition 251 phone with Windows Live
- Windows Live Messenger for Apple iPhone screenshots emerge
- Virgin Mobile USA to offer Opera Mini on select phones
- Nokia X6 and 5230 V Festival editions launched by Virgin in the UK
- Windows Live Messenger for S60 5th Ed now available for download