The new MVNO’s official name will be Vertu Club. A perfect moniker for an operator that plans to sell exclusivist handsets like the recently-appeared Vertu Boucheron 150, isn’t it?
Vertu Club will function on a premium membership basis. The first Japanese Vertu store, called Ginza Flagship Store and located in Tokyo, will open its gates on February 19, 2009.
However, Vertu Club services will only be available starting the second quarter of 2009. Until then, customers who visit the Ginza Flagship Store will be able to buy unlocked handsets like Vertu Ascent Ti, Vertu Ascent Ti Ferrari and Vertu Signature.
Source: Vertu (PDF link)
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Four golden Vertu phones launched in Japan for $215K each
- Vertu Ascent X photos and specs show up
- Vertu Ascent Ti Carbon Fibre collection announced
- Nokia’s Vertu to set up shop and market high-end models in Japan
- Vertu Ascent Ti Damascus Steel is tough like a sword