Sony Ericsson’s announcement to join the Open Handset Alliance was probably welcomed with joy by both Android and SE fans. This although the Swedish-Japanese company gave little details about the Android device(s) that will be launched.
Well, now we know a little bit more about SE’s endeavors in the field of Android.
According to idg.se, the first Sony Ericsson handset to run on Android will hit the market sometime in the summer of 2009. The source also quotes Sony Ericsson spokesmen Gustaf Brusewitz, who says that the initial SE Android products will be from the “higher segment”.
So we shouldn’t be surprised if, for example, the next Xperia smartphone will come with Android on board. But this is pure speculation, of course, and we’d better wait for something official about the whole matter.
Anyway, what’s pretty clear is that there will be at least one high-end Sony Ericsson Android handset sometime in the future. And this can’t be a bad thing, eh?
Via Android Guys
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android 2.0 on Sony Ericsson’s first Android smartphone?
- This can’t be a Sony Ericsson PSP Android phone prototype. Or can it?
- Sony Ericsson Yendo Android Walkman promo pics leak
- 12MP Nokia camera phones coming in 2010?
- Rumor: Sony Ericsson Jalou Symbian smartphone