Google has just announced the official release of the My Maps Editor for Google Maps in the Android Market. This application is available for download to all T-Mobile G1 users, and enables them to create, edit, share, and view personalized maps on the go.
The My Maps tab on Google Maps on the desktop can be set up to be fully synchronized with the My Maps Editor for Android, so it’s just like taking your whole collection of personalized maps with you on your mobile device.
Google says that the My Maps Editor supports full editing functionality for markers, lines, and shapes on maps, plus the ability to mark your location using GPS or attach a photo directly from your phone. As well, maps made on the Android version will be automatically synchronized with a user’s My Maps on the web.
This will be real helpful for user’s when mapping out their destinations during this holiday season. Check out the Android Market for download instructions and more info.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Maps 5.0 for Android launched, brings 3D maps, offline reliability
- Google Maps 4.1 for Android launched with latitude widgets, “search ‘n swipe” and more
- Google Maps Navigation for Android 1.6 released
- Google Maps 4.0 for BlackBerry features Google Buzz, Search by Voice, and more
- Google Maps for mobile reaches version 3.3 (for Symbian and WM)