For an iDEN phone, Motorola i9 sure looks pretty. As a matter of fact, it looks really nice for a regular phone too, and its official press photos that have just leaked on the Web can only confirm this.
The i9 is a clamshell (in the RAZR style) that comes with an external screen and lots of external keys that seem to be touch-sensitive. I can clearly spot music dedicated keys, as well as some camera-related keys.
And speaking of camera, the back of Moto i9 hosts a 3.1 MP one with both autofocus and flash. I don’t think there’s any other iDEN handset out there to have a camera with these performances.
The alphanumeric keypad of i9 is flat and probably easy to use. Other than that, the rumored features of the phone include GPS and Bluetooth.
Most probably, Sprint Nextel will be the first carrier to release the Motorola i9. And although there are no details yet about when this will happen, I wouldn’t be surprised if the handset were available across the US in the first months of 2009.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola i890 iDEN clamshell now available at Sprint
- Motorola Stature i9 announced, Sprint and Boost will release it soon
- Motorola i410 flip phone for Nextel and Boost shows up
- Motorola i897 Amphora (Ferrari branded) and WX415 Heartland coming soon
- Motorola i856 iDEN phone leaked; should be released in Q3 2009