That 8 Megapixel Samsung Memoir that we recently told you about has just been approved by the FCC. Which means not only that it exists, but also that it’s ready to be released by T-Mobile in the US, since it features 1700 MHz HSDPA connectivity.
The handset’s model number is Samsung SGH-T929, but, as previously reported, T-Mobile intends to launch it as Samsung Memoir.
Coming as a slightly different version of Samsung Pixon, the T929 Memoir has an 8MP autofocus camera, a touchscreen display, A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.0 and other features that are currently unknown.
It’s worth mentioning that Samsung Pixon was also approved by the FCC, but its 850/1900 MHz HSDPA connectivity only makes it suitable for AT&T. So we might see both the 8MP camera phones released in the US sometime in the near future.
Rumors say that Samsung T929 will be available from T-Mobile starting February 2009, but there’s no word yet on pricing.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile kind of previews the Samsung Memoir
- Sony Ericsson C905a approved by FCC, AT&T might release it soon
- 8MP Samsung Memoir, a US version of Samsung Pixon?
- Samsung Pixon12 M8910 and Samsung A886 pass the FCC
- Samsung Memoir to hit T-Mobile USA on February 25 for $299