Google mentions that all the search options for iPhone and Android are formatted to fit the handsets’ screens perfectly. Also, the results load faster and there are “touchscreen-friendly buttons and expandable maps for local business results.”
For the moment, the optimized search result pages are only in US English. And, in case you have an iPhone or an iPod touch, its firmware must be 2.x in order to benefit from the improvements.
Of course, if you want to view the results like on a desktop PC, you can always click the “Classic” link found at the bottom of any Google mobile page.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google offers improved search results for iPhone, iPod touch
- Voice-enabled Google Mobile app for iPhone now available
- Updated Google Mobile App for iPhone available now
- New Google Image Search results available for Android, iPhone
- Google Search for iPhone and Android enhanced with app search results