Home TVs and DVRs never played nice with BlackBerry smartphones. Until now, that is. Coming before the celebration of New Year, specifically on December 30th, is SlingPlayer for BlackBerry’s scheduled public beta.
During which time, compatible BlackBerry smartphones will enable users to benefit from the SlingPlayer Mobile app while consuming their daily dose of entertainment from their PCs and Slingboxes.
Currently, the SlingPlayer Mobile page for BlackBerry only lists five devices as “recommended” but further support for additional devices is promised in the future. The supported devices are pictured above, and they are: the BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Curve 8320, BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, and BlackBerry Pearl 8120.
All these devices will work with the SlingPlayer Mobile app on their 3G or Wi-Fi connections, with the exception of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 as it only works on Wi-Fi. So, if you’ve been looking forward to this, remember: December 30th is the date to watch out for.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- A CDMA BlackBerry Pearl Flip? Seems so, and Canada could get it in February
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 announced by Verizon; available starting June 19
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 announced by Alltel; Verizon still waiting
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 available in the UK via O2
- Bell intros the Palm Treo Pro, BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230