Though rumors about a purported HTC-built Android G2 are still new and quite fresh, a new report mentions a third and completely new Android-based handset that’s already in the works, also care of HTC.
Providing practically no details, the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) says that HTC is actually developing its third Android-based handset now, reigniting rumors about a second-generation HTC Android phone that’s said to be scheduled for release sometime during the first quarter of 2009.
HTC CEO Peter Chou was interviewed by EDN, and was said to mention that HTC expects to sell well over one million Android-based G1 handsets by the end of 2008, which we already knew, by the way.
Then EDN further goes on to say that the third Android-based HTC handset is already in development. With “Taiwan-based securities houses” as EDN’s quoted source, one can only imagine how real this rumor ought to be. But if HTC launches its second Android handset in the first quarter of 2009 (at the earliest), then we shall look back to this and say, “Now it’s beginning to get real.”
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Altek’s 14MP Android phone to be available this month
- Android-based Garmin phones coming in second half of 2009
- INQ Android phone with multitouch coming in Q4
- Acer joins the Open Handset Alliance, officially promises an Android phone for Q4 2009
- HTC Android tablet specs and price unveiled?