While HTC has done a great job in sexing up Sony Ericsson’s first Windows Mobile device, the Xperia X1, they likely won’t be the same ones supplying the next model.
We earlier reported that a company called Mobinnova is eyeing to make the next model in 2009, but a new report points to two new companies that are also up for the task.
Apparently, Sony Ericsson is still in the process of looking for a company for its next Windows Mobile smartphone’s production, and aside from Mobinnova, FIH and Pegatron Technology are also vying for the opportunity. HTC is not among the candidates.
Though this part of the manufacturing process shouldn’t have to take long, industry sources have noted that SE will only begin to finalize details of its deal with the prospective partner sometime in the first quarter of 2009. By then, all the work on the actual manufacturing will begin, and the official launch of the next Sony Ericsson Windows Mobile phone is expected before the end of 2009 at the earliest.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1′s successor to be made by Mobinnova, not HTC
- Sony Ericsson spokesman: Xperia X1 is “on track”, quit complaining
- Mobinnova Ice Phone Comes to CES
- Sony to buy Ericsson’s share in Sony Ericsson?
- Mobinnova’s ICE officially launched, offers a glimpse at SE’s next WinMo smartphone