So the rumor was right. And the memo wasn’t lying. Walmart will indeed start selling Apple’s iPhone starting Sunday, December 28th, at nearly 2,500 of its stores across the U.S. This will ensure that Apple reaches more and more people with the iPhone, but those who thought Walmart would offer it for as low as $99 will be in for a bit of disappointment.
Walmart will only be selling the currently existing models of the iPhone 3G, which are the 8GB and 16GB variants, and are the same ones being sold by AT&T and Apple itself.
The only difference with Walmart’s iPhones will be a small one. A $2 discount. And the phones still come with 2-year AT&T contracts.
Walmart’s 8GB black iPhone 3G will cost $197, while the 16GB model that’s available in black or white will cost $297. The $2 discount is serious. And as per our earlier report, the sale will start at exactly 9AM.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 16 GB iPhone 4 on sale for $147 at Walmart
- Walmart to sell iPhone on December 28th, with a 2-year AT&T contract and not for $99
- AT&T turns $99 iPhone dreams come true with refurbs
- White iPhone 4 available at Walmart on launch day?
- T-Mobile USA will finally sell iPhones next year