Mobinnova’s ICE officially launched, offers a glimpse at SE’s next WinMo smartphone
While it’s not yet busy producing Sony Ericsson’s next-gen Windows Mobile smartphone, Mobinnova has launched its newest flagship product. Yes, they have their own devices as well.
Mobinnova’s newest Windows Mobile-based smartphone is called the Mobinnova ICE, and it runs on Microsoft Windows Mobile® 6.1 professional. It comes with a 528MHz Qualcomm MSM7201ATM chipset, and features a 3” WQVGA flat TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen. Of course, there’s much more to it than what’s just been mentioned, so continue reading for a bullet-list of more of its key features.
– Dimensions: 114 x 53.5 x 13mm
– Weight: 120g with battery
– Networks: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz & WCDMA/HSPA 900/1900/2100MHz HSDPA 7.2Mbps & HSUPA 2 Mbps
– User Interface: mobiToday, mobiFeel and mobiShift controls
– Camera: 3 megapixel autofocus camera with dedicated shutter control. 2nd camera for video calling
– Memory: 256MB ROM / 128MB RAM. microSD expansion slot with SDCH support
– Wireless: WiFi 802.11 b/g
– Radio: Built in FM Radio with RDS/RBDS function
– Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR / A2DP for use with Bluetooth stereo headsets mini USB 2.0 plus TV-Out CVBS + L/R audio
– Navigation: Built in GPS/AGPS
– Battery: 1080mAh rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery (Talk: Up to 6 hours, Standby: Up to 160 hours)
The Mobinnova ICE’s design looks simple, and doesn’t seem to have the Sony Ericsson feel to it. In any case, there’s no reason to believe that this design will somehow be reused with the next SE WinMo smartphone when it comes out next year. Info on this handset’s pricing and availability is not yet available.