Samsung has been pretty successful with it’s first heavily promoted branded handset – Soul U900, launched during MWC 2008 last February. .
And why not, it had some pretty good looks and usability. And very impressive specs for the time.
But almost a year has passed, the overall novelty weared off and the specs are now starting to look dated.
But don’t worry, Samsung has something new up it’s sleeve for the next year high end feature phone, and it’s called Samsung S8300.
Featuring Soul’ish anti-scratch and anti-fingerprint coated duraluminium chasis, Samsung S8300 does away with sometimes annoying interactive touchpad, and opts for a simple to use optical joystick plus a big and bright 2.8″ 16 million color AMOLED touchscreen
Full rumored Samsung S8300 specs include:
- GSM/UMTS/ 7.2 Mbps HSDPA connectivity
- 2.8″ 16M color, AMOLED touchscreen
- 8 mpx CCD camera with autofocus
- built-in GPS
- FM Radio with RDS
- 60MB of on board memory
- Divx playback
If we won’t see it at CES, then Samsung S8300 will probably get it’s brand name and will be launched at MWC Barcelona in February, and will start shipping in March 2009.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung S8000 Cubic specs unveiled
- Samsung F490 priced at 400 EUR, shipping this month
- Samsung S5600 and S5230 affordable touchscreen handsets announced
- More LG Arena KM900 dribble out
- Samsung SGH-i780 possible Black Jack 2 spotted in Dubai