With the approval of next generation 3G networks in China, telcos, as well as equipment makers reaped the most benefit. This milestone has been much-awaited by many in the Chinese mobile industry. So far it has proven to be a good thing for most.
Subscibers in China now have the chance to do some quick video calling, as well as video streaming directly on their mobile phones. Another benefit of 3G networks: high-speed mobile Internet access. Mapping is also now possible.
China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom also gained from the introduction of 3G networks. Meanwhile, equipment makers ZTE and Comba Telecom Systems also take the cake for deploying the technology that helped make China’s 3G networks possible.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone 4S now available from China Telecom, cheaper than at China Unicom
- iPhone 5 gets closer to a China launch after State Radio Management approval
- Apple and China Mobile both want iPhone agreement ASAP. TD-SCDMA still in the way
- iPhone 4S (CDMA) to be launched by China Telecom in February or March
- Samsung i329 Windows Mobile smartphone for China