There will always be customers who want cheap, basic mobile phones, thus there must always be manufacturers to produce them.
Motorola isn’t ashamed of being one of these manufacturers (why would it?), and the new Motorola W165 phone comes to say I’m right.
The handset is a candybar that will probably be targeted to emerging markets. Even so, the US might get it too, since it’s Motorola’s home country.
Design-wise, the W165 is as simple as it gets, looking like a phone from circa 2004. Here it is:
The known specs and features of Motorola W165 include:
Dual band GSM connectivity (900 / 1800 or 850 / 1900 MHz)
1.44 inch CSTN display with 65K colors and 128 x 128 pixels
A 2.5mm headset jack
A 780 mAh battery of unknown performance
108 x 46 x 12.5 millimeters
No details yet about the release date of W165 or about its retail price.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included
- Samsung E1410 and Samsung E1117, new entry-level candybars
- LG GM310 music slider shows up, together with LG GB250, GB220, GB130 and GB102
- Verizon launches entry-level Escapade world phone
- Moto’s square Android phone to be called Motorola Twist; specs show up