I’m sure many of you agree that, save for the Treo Pro, Palm hasn’t released a nicely-designed device in years.
Well, CES 2009 is said to be the place where the Sunnyvale company will launch not only the much-anticipated Palm Nova OS, but also a brand new smartphone based on it.
According to CrunchGear, the smartphone has a large portrait touchscreen display and a full QWERTY keyboard that slides out horizontally – very unusual for a Palm device.
CrunchGear has also made a mock-up of the smartphone (and if you don’t like it, don’t worry, the real deal will surely look different):
The smartphone might be built by HTC, just like the Treo Pro.
As for the new Nova OS, this is rumored to be “amazing”. Also, a Palm app store is said to be launched with it.
Now there’s only one way to see if all this is real or not, and that is waiting for CES 2009 to debut (which will happen Thursday, on January 8).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Radically designed Palm Treo Pro leaked early on Palm’s web site
- Sprint Palm Treo Pro finally coming on March 15 for $199
- Palm Treo Pro to be built by HTC
- Verizon Treo 700wx Officially Upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.0
- Palm Treo Pro shows its bulky self on video, more live pics