Used iPhone 3Gs are now available directly from Best Buy, at a price that’s $50 less than what brand new units go for.
Whatever way you look at it, this is certainly good news, especially for those who haven’t been convinced of dropping a somewhat heavy $200 for a new phone (with a required two-year contract).
Best Buy says they are doing this in order to appeal to cost-conscious shoppers, according to a report from Reuters. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Both 8GB and 16GB models of Apple’s iPhone 3G are available, with the 8GB model going for $149, and the 16GB model going for $249. Not included in the price is a two-year AT&T contract.
Aside from directly buying the iPhone 3G, owners of the first-generation iPhone also have the option to upgrade their handsets.
And if those refurb units are too shabby for anyone, brand new units are of course available as well.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Wal-Mart to bring down price of Apple iPhone 3G S to $97 USD
- Vodafone to sell iPhone 3G in India starting August 22nd from $708 up
- iPhone price cuts coming to Radio Shack and Target tomorrow?
- Why Apple doesn’t need a new cheaper iPhone Nano alongside iPhone 5
- Vodafone PAYG iPhone 4 to come with 12 months of free data