After it was released in the US, Canada and several European markets, RIM’s BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 has now reached India too.
The first ever BlackBerry clamshell smartphone is available across India thanks to Airtel, the country’s largest mobile operator, and it can be bought, from authorized channels, at the retail price of Rs. 21,990 (around $458).
Letting aside its unusual (for a BlackBerry) form factor, the 8220 brings all the features that the previous Pearl models have, and even more.
For example, the new smartphone has two displays: a QVGA internal one, and a 128 x 160 pixels external one. Also, its SureType QWERTY keyboard is significantly larger than the ones packed by the other Pearls, this providing an enhanced texting experience.
Other features include:
DataViz document reader
A 2MP camera with flash
And a 1GB microSD card
RIM might also release the BlackBerry Storm in India (via Vodafone, of course), but for the moment there’s nothing official about this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rogers outs the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 for $49.99, pink version coming too
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 available in the UK via O2
- New BlackBerry Pearl 9100 hands-on photos show dedicated music keys
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 in leaked photos, video
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 coming to T-Mobile USA, Wind Canada?