I certainly wasn’t expecting to see it at the Microsoft booth, but the Mobinnova Ice was sitting there being shown off with the other Windows Mobile 6.1 devices.
Mobinnova is a new Taiwan upstart that is currently working with Sony Ericsson to produce the next Xperia phone. Overall the Ice seemed to be a good concept, with two different touch interfaces – the normal one with the WinMo interface, and a touch d-pad screen for navigation.
Sadly, I didn’t get a lot of time with this phone and certainly not long enough to get solid impressions. But I did scope out the specs and took a few pics and videos.
Under the hood we find a QVGA display, aGPS, WiFi, 3 MP camera, 528 MHz ARM11 processor, 128 MB RAM and 256 MB ROM, FM radio, and 4.2 hours talk time.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mobinnova’s ICE officially launched, offers a glimpse at SE’s next WinMo smartphone
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1′s successor to be made by Mobinnova, not HTC
- HTC Touch Cruise GPS PDA/Phone gets official
- Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 now official
- Next Sony Ericsson Windows Mobile smartphone should be ready by the end of 2009: sources