Japanese-made phones and smartphones are known for not getting out of Japan, so you’ll hardly find any of them for sale in other markets.
However, NTT DoCoMo and Fujitsu want to change that, as they’ve just announced the release of F905i in Taiwan.
Similar to the FOMA F905i (already on sale across Japan), F905i is a clamshell phone that’s available for Taiwanese customers via Far EasTone Telecommunications.
The F905i is the first phone from DoCoMo to be officially launched in other country than Japan. Customized for the needs of Taiwanese users, it comes with support for Traditional Chinese characters and access to i-mode, Far EasTone’s mobile Internet service.
Apart from that, the F905i features a 3.2-inch WVGA display, a 3.2 MP camera and Fujitsu’s proprietary audio technology.
Far EasTone is a “strategic partner” of NTT DoCoMo, this explaining the new phone’s release in Taiwan.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold goes to Taiwan with a special QWERTY keyboard for Chinese input
- NTT DoCoMo M702iS Dolce & Gabana To be sold online
- Taiwan starts fining sellers and buyers of fake Chinese phones
- NTT DOCOMO launches PayPal-like service for mobile phones
- Google to launch mobile advertising in Greater China area soon