We already know that the Palm Pre is going to be an exclusive smartphone for Sprint in the U.S., but are any of the big retail chains going to get it? A recent rumor says yes, pointing to Best Buy as that exclusive U.S. retailer.
The Palm Pre-Best Buy exclusive deal will be short-lived, lasting only 60 days or 2 months from the start of sales, when Best Buy will be the only place anyone will be able to get the Palm Pre officially, aside from Sprint’s own retail channels.
At this point, though, there’s no way to confirm this info, until either of Palm, Sprint or Best Buy issue an official statement regarding the matter. Which we expect is something that’s going to happen in the coming weeks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint to have US exclusivity on Palm Pre until 2010
- Palm Treo Pro and pink Samsung Instinct from Sprint in January 2009
- AT&T might sell the Palm Pre too, after Sprint’s exclusivity ends
- Sprint employees starting Palm Pre training – release imminent?
- Palm Pre coming to Europe in early H2 for $500-550. $399 on Sprint