Nokia 5800 XpressMusic firmware update v11.0.008 now available
Every now and then Nokia lets firmware updates for its devices loose to users who always want to have the latest features on their purchases. They still do it via Nokia Software Update, and this time it’s the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic that gets an update.
It is said that newly shippped Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phones come with this new firmware, version v11.0.008, right out of the box, but for owners of handsets bought earlier (like last year) Nokia Software Updater is the one chance to update firmware.
The full changelog according to S60inside:
– Homepage is not defined for Vodafone Live!
– Last word disappears when selecting receiver in SMS
– My Nokia: phone displays “#” in front of Application name.
– During Back-Up & Restore operation, calendar entries are not restored
– Operator menu link within Welcome application
– Invalid message pops up before playing the file received via Bluetooth.
– Input Method, VKB just display number when selecting a WLAN access point which contains a password.
– Chinese box HWR control buttons and FS HWR control bar are too small.
– Unable to add image to Contact bar from Gallery when there is about 5 GB of data in memory card
– In Arabic UI, in calendar, the arrows on the top are reversed in week view and day view
– UI-rotation is too sensitive
– Search: Google search service is missing in Search.
– Contact could not display when switch numbers in Singtel 2-in-1 SIM card
– Maps: Wrong layout of the strings in the Maps search and favorites views
– Could not send new email if user name and password is not pre-defined
– Phone drops from service when both A5/3 +GEA3 used simultaneously with WLAN
– The Messaging application crashes a lot specially when replying or trying to send SMS you have to remove battery to be able to use the device again
– License Manager for Maps is not integrated to SW
– 5.0 Touch: Phonebook crashing when adding detail: Birthday, Anniversary
– Web screen is messed up
– Non stop Music Player “Library update”
– Clock, Alarm is inactive when phone is power off.
– APN Configuration Settings Update to be used for the Setting Wizard
– Ex-Factory settings are wrong
– UE unable to open Setting Wizard
– StartUpSettings version updated.
– Phone lost correct time during power off
– USSD – “Call Control Send USSD” command
– UE drops from 3G, then cannot sync to 3G cells
– Browser: Flash objects causes problems while browsing
If you feel that this firmware update is worth your time, just remember to back up your data before starting to work on it.