Helio Ocean 2, the handset that’s been in the rumor mill since the spring of 2007, could be finally released this quarter.
You probably already know that, following the Virgin Mobile acquisition, Helio is now known as Helio by Virgin Mobile. In consequence, the Ocean 2 will come out under this brand.
Silicon Alley Insider says that, according to a Virgin Mobile rep, the new Ocean might go on sale starting February.
Like the first-generation Ocean, Helio Ocean 2 will have a QWERTY and an alphanumeric keyboard. Apart from that, it’s said that the handset also sports a QVGA display, 3G connectivity, full HTML browser and external memory slot.
No word yet about the price of Helio Ocean 2, but, hopefully, this won’t be a high one. Otherwise, I don’t think the handset will stand a chance against the likes of Palm Pre, BlackBerry Bold or T-Mobile G1.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pantech OZII for Helio revealed by FCC
- Hopes still alive for Helio Ocean 2, now as Umbrella
- Virgin Mobile’s Helio Ocean 2 will debut on February 12 for $149
- Helio Ocean2 pops up on FCC site as OZ2
- Virgin Mobile will launch the Ocean 2 with Britney Spears