There’s nothing official about this yet, but it looks like two new rugged mobile phones will soon be launched in Canada by Rogers: Samsung Rugby A836 and ZTE Rock F165.
BGR says that the two handsets could be released this month, so let’s see what they are all about.
Samsung Rugby is a clamshell that’s already available in the US, via AT&T.
Apart from meeting the 810F military standard and withstanding shock vibrations, rain, dust and solar radiations, the handset is a regular one, featuring stuff like HSDPA connectivity, A-GPS, Bluetooth and a 1.3 MP camera. With a 3-yr contract agreement, the phone will cost $149.99.
Here’s what the Rugby A836 looks like:
The other future Rogers handset, ZTE Rock F165, is a candybar with an external antenna, a 176 x 220 pixels display, GSM/HSDPA connectivity and a 2MP camera.
ZTE Rock will be sold for $79.99 with a 3-yr contract agreement.
Update: Both handsets are now available and you can check them out at the Rogers Rugged website.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T launches Samsung Rugby for those who like it rugged
- Rugged Samsung Galaxy Rugby will be launched by Rogers too, pricing leaks
- BlackBerry Style and rugged Samsung Rugby II launched by Bell in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Rugby and Sonim XP5520 Bolt to be launched by Bell Canada
- AT&T’s Samsung Rugby Smart SGH-i847 officially announced, will be launched on March 4 for $99.99