As you probably already know, Huawei’s foray into the smartphone market will brings us at least one Android handset.
And although this will happen sometime in the second half of 2009, the Shenzhen-based company intends to offer a preview of its first Android smartphone a bit earlier, namely during MWC 2009 (16 – 19 February).
According to Huawei’s official website, the smartphone will be presented together with the “first mobile phone based on one single UMTS chipset”, which seems to be an interesting device too.
Unfortunately, for the moment there are absolutely no details about the features and look of Huawei’s Android handset (the image above is just a mockup, of course).
Anyway, it will be interesting to see if the Chinese company manages to come up with something more attractive than HTC’s G1, or the recently leaked G2.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Android handsets to be launched via T-Mobile, TIM Brazil
- Huawei’s first Android smartphone looks sharp, although very iPhone-like
- Huawei Ascend with Windows Phone 8 will be out in the US, Europe, and China before the end of 2012
- Samsung’s first Android phone to come in Q3 2009
- Huawei Ascend Y 200T gets certified on its way to China Mobile, will bring ICS to the masses